NEED A BEACH BODY COACH?

WWW.BEACHBODYCOACH.COM/CHUCKLES3515

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The struggle is real...

The struggle is real…


Let me start with… I’m starting a FREE 21 day clean eating challenge group on Facebook Nov. 3rd!

BUT this does not give me an excuse for my eating this weekend…This weekend was tough.  After such a good week I let it all go to crap! I have no one to blame but myself and my own excuses.  Consistency is the key to staying / getting in shape.  I am by no means in the shape I want to be in.
My weaknesses are probably similar to yours.  The weekends and alcohol. 

So, it all started going downhill when I went out to dinner on Friday night.   Everyone deserves a night out with friends don’t get me wrong.  I totally deserved a dinner out.  I got to see my best friend and her husband and had a great time.  Here is where it went wrong.  We went to a BBQ place, so I didn't make the best decisions.  First, I had three beers when I could have easily had one beer and water!  Second, I ordered a two meat platter that comes with two sides and a piece of corn bread! The cornbread is so good.   My side choices were not great either.  They have mac n cheese and I am a sucker for mac n cheese.  So mac n cheese it was and coleslaw, because you obviously can’t have BBQ without coleslaw.

Now this one splurge meal wouldn't have set my whole weekend off, but Saturday we had family over to see our house.  Well, I started the morning right with my workout and Shakeology, but that’s about all I did right.  I made pulled pork overnight in the crock pot because it was an easy way to feed 10 people.  I should have made better side dishes, but I didn’t make the time to do that.  Instead, we bought coleslaw, macaroni salad, and potato salad.  STARCH, STARCH, STARCH! I did have a veggie tray and did munch on that quite a bit.  Oh not to mention, I had 2 beers, which I really didn't need!

I found two recipes on the Beachbody website that I could of made in place of my unhealthy store bought choices for the next time!

*RECIPES*

Bell Pepper and Cabbage Slaw

Total Time: 1 hr. 15 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:
1 medium cabbage, shredded
1 medium green (or yellow) bell pepper, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)

Preparation:
1. Combine cabbage, bell peppers, onion, and vinegar in a large bowl; mix well.
2. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.

Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories: 93
Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 115 mg
Carbohydrate: 21 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sugar: 12 g
Protein: 4 g

Veggie Pasta Salad
Total Time: 1 hr. 15 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients:
8 oz. whole wheat pasta (like fusilli, rotini, or farfalle)
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
¾ cup broccoli florets
¾l cup cauliflower florets
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 medium carrot, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
½ medium red bell pepper, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
½ medium green bell pepper, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
½ cup sliced mushrooms
2 medium celery stalks, thinly sliced
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)

Preparation:
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse under cold water. Set aside.
2. Combine oil, vinegar, and garlic in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Place pasta in a large serving bowl; add broccoli, cauliflower, onion, carrot, bell peppers, mushrooms, and celery; mix well.
4. Drizzle pasta salad with dressing; toss gently to blend. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
5. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour.

Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories: 222
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 81 mg
Carbohydrate: 34 g
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 7 g
http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/recipe/-/rcp/16078/all/26/5/salad
The day didn't end with that.  After everyone left I went to the hospital to see my grandmother.  She just had surgery on her hip – partial hip replacement.  We were at the hospital for about 4 hours and it was getting late.  We left around 8:30 and we were starving.  So what was the easiest thing to do? Go out to eat.  We went to Outback, and I didn't say no to an appetizer.  Coconut Shrimp, steak, potato, and broccoli all washed down with a Sam Adams Octoberfest and glass of water!
I am rolling my eyes at myself at this point.

Sunday, great no plans today I can get back on track.  I started the day out with some eggs and a piece of toast.  Moving in the right direction.  The weather was beautiful, so we went for a great 3.15 mile walk around the lake by our house.  It was a great start to the day.  After the walk we even went and got pumpkins and mums to put on our front porch! That’s when it went downhill.  I was starving.  Instead of making something with veggies and protein, we had hummus and pita chips and some popcorn chicken.  Instead of making something for dinner we ate left over BBQ.  Oh and I can’t forget the two beers I had while watching football!!!! Where are my fruits and veggies???

Sometimes I wonder why I’m not really seeing great results. It’s because of weekends like this.  I know what I’m doing and I still make these bad decisions.  I’m hoping that by confessing my weaknesses it will make me more accountable to be healthy on the weekends.

One positive thing about Sunday was I made my meal plan for the week and decided to start the 21 Day Fix workouts again.  After doing one on Saturday and feeling sore on Sunday I thought it might be a nice change of routine that I need.  Let’s hope this gets me into high gear!

If you're interested in my FREE clean eating challenge group send me an email at ashleyfrancisfitness@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment