NEED A BEACH BODY COACH?

WWW.BEACHBODYCOACH.COM/CHUCKLES3515

Thursday, November 20, 2014

ZOOODLES - Buff Chicken and Turkey Bacon

SPIRALIZED FUN!!!! 

Last week I used my Spiralizer for the first time.  The outcome was not so tasty.  It was actually really bland.  I also made a Jambalaya that was super tasty and used sweet potato rice opposed to real rice.  I decided to try something more flavorful last night!!


Ingredients 
1 Sweet Potato 
2 Zucchinis
2 Carrots 
Plum / Cherry Tomoto
Chopped Onion
Chopped Red Pepper
Minced Garlic
Chicken breasts or tenders (I used 5 tenders)
Turkey Bacon
Buffalo Sauce or Hot Sauce
Cream Cheese   
Chicken Broth
Onion Powder 
Garlic Powder
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Prep: 

Preheat the oven to 350.  Coat your chicken in hot sauce then sprinkle garlic powder and onion powder on top of your chicken.  Cover your baking dish with tin foil.  This helps keep the chicken moist.  Cook at 350 for 25 minutes.

Wash and cut all your veggies that you are going to Spiralize.  I cut the veggies in half and cut the ends off.  Set aside.  I used frozen chopped onion.  Chop your red pepper and put in pan with olive oil, minced garlic, and chopped onions.  While this is heating up cut the tomatoes in half and place them in the pan. Let this cook for a little while stir as needed.  Spiralize your veggies while this is cooking in the pan.  If it starts to really cook turn the heat down and add some chicken broth.  Don't I used enough to coat the bottom of the pan and then a little more.  I then added the buffalo sauce - this is to taste.  If you want super spicy add more.  I added one spoonful (regular table spoon) of cream cheese and let melt.  


In a pan cook your turkey bacon.  Once it is finished cooking place it on a plate with a paper towel and let cool.  


Add your spiralized veggies to the pan and you may want to add additional chicken broth to help cook the veggies.  I covered my pan with a lid to help keep the moisture in and cook the veggies.  Once the bacon is cooled pull it apart into pieces and add it to the pan.  Additionally, when your chicken is finished cut it into small pieces and add it to the pan.  You can add more buffalo sauce or chicken broth as needed.  Let this all cook together for a few minutes.  Then enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment