NEED A BEACH BODY COACH?

WWW.BEACHBODYCOACH.COM/CHUCKLES3515

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Turkey Sausage, Pineapple, Peach, Eggplant Quinoa Bowl




Another new recipe.  I just love trying and inventing new things.  It makes dinner just a little bit better.  I'm so glad that I can share with all of you.  I am always open to suggestions on how to tweak a recipe or spice it up, so please feel free to leave feedback.  

Tonights dinner was inspired by turkey sausage that is pineapple and bacon flavored. Purchased at Costco.  I used pineapple bacon flavor, but I think a spicy one would be a a little bit better.  I am going to try that next time.  I also think you could do everything in the oven/on the stove if you can't get outside to grill. 


I think it would be amazing with fresh fruit, but Food Lion did NOT have anything.  Therefore I improvised and bought canned fruit.  


Ingredients 
1 package of Turkey Sausage 
1/2 jalapeño
1 can pineapple (or fresh pineapple if in season)
1 can of peaches (or fresh peaches if in season)
1 egg plant 
1/2 cup Quinoa (or brown rice if you prefer) 
Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder

First things first... turn your grill on or your oven, however you chose to cook your sausage.


Start by chop up your vegetables.  Slice your eggplant and place it in a large bowl with olive oil garlic powder and onion powder.  Slice and dice your jalapeño.  Next, place your Quinoa and diced jalapeño in a small sauce pan that has a lid.  Cook your Quinoa according to the box.  For most Quinoa it's at a lower temperature for about 15-20 minutes until most of the water is gone.  

While that is cooking your Quinoa, place your sausage and eggplant on the grill checking until it is finished. Place your sausage and eggplant on the top rack to stay warm.  Place pineapple slices on the grill and peaches.  I have a special vegetable cooker that I placed the peaches in so they wouldn't fall through.  You could simply heat the peaches up in the microwave before mixing everything. 

Once everything is finished cooking, slice your meat, fruit, and eggplant.  Measure everything in your 21 Day Fix containers. Add everything together in a bowl or on a plate.  My portions were 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, and 1/2 a purple and 2 tsp. 

Enjoy! 

Do you want to eat this way and lose weight? Email me to find out more! ashleyfrancisfitness@gmail.com


It's not a diet... it's a way of life :)








No comments:

Post a Comment