NEED A BEACH BODY COACH?

WWW.BEACHBODYCOACH.COM/CHUCKLES3515

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Shrimp over Zucchini Noodles


This meal was super easy to make!! 


Ingredients

1 lb of Shrimp (raw or steamed in the store)
2 cups Spinach
1 Zucchini
1 container of cherry tomatoes 
Garlic (minced)
1/4 onion



21 Day Fix Friends - you can measure before you cook this with you containers so you know how many greens and reds you are using!  


I started by pealing the shrimp then I steamed them in a pot for about 5-10 minutes.  While the shrimp was steaming I added olive oil, about 1-2 teaspoons of garlic (you can add as much or little as you would like), and the container of cherry tomatoes to the pan.  I chopped about 1/4 of a yellow onion and added that to the pan.  I let that heat for a little bit.  

During this time I sliced my zucchini in half.  Then I used my Spiralizer to make noodles with the zucchini.  You are going to want to cut the noodles with scissors or tear them apart because they are REALLY long! 


Then I took a potato smasher and smashed the tomatoes in the pan. After I did that I added the spinach to the pan and let the spinach wilt a little bit.  Once it started to wilt I added the shrimp to the pan.  Then I added the zucchini noodles.  Stir occasionally until the noodles are cooked.  Add pepper / salt as you see fit. 


I'm thinking next time I will add some basil.  Also, when I made the recipe before I bought the shrimp that was already steamed at the store and it had a LOT more flavor.  So think about that when you are making this.  When I make this again I will purchase the already steamed shrimp! 





If you want more fitness or nutrition tips you can follow me on instagram: a_franchise or email me at ashleyfrancisfitness@gmail.com

www.beachbodycoach.com/chuckles3515

2 comments:

  1. what are the 21 day fix containers per serving and how many servings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I made my plate I picked the shrimp out into a red container and then I put the remaining tomato, spinach, and zucchini in a green. You could portion to how many containers you would like to use. You could even add real pasta for one yellow if you have it available. :)

      Delete