NEED A BEACH BODY COACH?

WWW.BEACHBODYCOACH.COM/CHUCKLES3515

Monday, May 4, 2015

One Pan - Spicy Chicken Sausage and Zucchini Skillet

Spicy Chicken Sausage and Zucchini Skillet


First off, I don't know why I have the hardest time spelling zucchini, so if you see it spelled wrong, please no judgement. 


I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out when I made it but it was really tasty! I think my taste buds are changing because I truly enjoy chicken sausage over regular sausage.  Ok, ok, on with the recipe which you are here to read! 



Ingredients: 

Chicken Sausage - 5 or 6 
Zucchini/Squash - 2
Spinach - 2 cups
Cherry Tomatoes - 1 container
Onion - 1/2 chopped
Garlic - 1 tbsp
Crushed Red Pepper - 1/2 tsp (add more if you like really spicy)
Oregano - 1/2 tbsp
Fresh Basil (to taste)
Brown Rice (optional)




Start by chopping your veggies and setting them aside.  Chop your zucchini into rounds then cut them in half.  Chop the cherry tomatoes in half length wise.  Chop half of your onion into small pieces. (Click here for onion chopping trick) Last, slice your sausage - you should have about 6 or so round disk slices. 




Add extra virgin olive oil to your skillet and let it heat up for a minute.  Add your onions and garlic to the pan.  Let them heat up for about a minute.  Add your sausage and let cook for about 5-10 minutes allowing for minimal pink.  Then add your zucchini and tomatoes and spices.  Mix everything in the pan so that the spices are spread throughout the meal.  Let this cook for about 10 minutes so that all your veggies are cooked. 

When everything is cooked, add about 2 cups of spinach to the pan and stir allowing the spinach to wilt/cook in the pan. 




You can eat this over brown rice, quinoa, or a whole grain pasta would be nice. 

I measured everything separately with my portion control containers from the 21 day fix.  It wasn't hard to use a spoon to fill each container from the skillet.  My portions were 1-yellow 1-red and 1-green.


I hope you enjoy this recipe!! 

Want to know more about the 21 Day Fix feel free to email me at ashleyfrancisfitness@gmail.com or stop by my website MY WEBSITE CLICK HERE

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I'm gonna try this today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know how you liked it! Also, if you have any suggestions to improving :) I love hearing new ways to spice things up! Thanks for checking out my blog.

      Delete